Sunday, December 25, 2011

SwiFTP makes copying files from your phone painless.

I could absolutely kick myself for not thinking of this sooner.  I started using SwiFTP on my Android phone.  This is by far the fastest and easiest way to get pictures and video off my phone.  While this application is no longer maintained it is a kick butt FTP server that allows you to turn your phone into an FTP server to download files.  It screams at downloading files and turns a long brutal USB connection into a rapid file transfer.  Bluetooth is a complete joke and this FTP server goes at full wifi speed so it's faster than the slow USB connection.  The project is up for adoption and if I had more time on my hands I'd gladly take the application over.  In any case it is the only way to get files on and off your phone in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment