Friday, December 2, 2011

Pandora you just got pwnd!

I like to listen to Pandora like many others.  The new interface is "better" but not what I call great.  Anyhow I noticed that you could not select lyrics and cut and past them.  Was not a huge issue given the number of lyric sites out there but geez the spam on them.  Since I'm a web engineer I popped open the chrome debugger and noticed that they do indeed just place text there but disable all the controls with JavaScript.  So I thought to myself why not just write a chrome background script to remove those elements from the block.  Simple code.  So before I did I went to the chrome store to see if it had been done before.  Sure enough!

Pandora Enhancer allows you to not only grab the lyrics but you can remove the ads as well as get notifications on song changes.  Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment