Sunday, November 27, 2011

Adding Windows back into your Grub Menu List

Oddly Grub has always listed my windows partitions along with the list of recent Kernel updates.  Today for whatever reason Windows disappeared from there.  Well I honestly don't know when Windows disappeared since I use it once every 6 months or so.  In any case I came up with a lot of pages on how to edit Grub, etc.  I said there has to be an easier way since it seemed stupid to have to go through all these steps to modify the Grub configuration.  After some in-depth research I found the easy way to get the windows drive back on the Grub list.



For Ubuntu 10+, you need to install os-prober with
sudo apt-get install os-prober
and then update grub again with
sudo update-grub





That did the trick, next thing you know I had it listed back in the list.  Now I can play my Windows games again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment