Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Microsoft Internet Explorer will eventually die

For some time I have bashed IE.  It's a non-compliant browser with performance issues and I just hate Microsoft as a whole.  Why?  Microsoft takes the approach that because they are big they don't have to change.  Clearly not everyone fears Microsoft.  I read an article recently in TechCrunch (Thanks to Alex for sending it) how a Bootstrapped Startup Saves Over $100K By Dropping IE.  I don't care if this article is blatant Microsoft bashing or not.  The point is this article is true.  I speak from experience that I can develop awesome software then throw it into IE to unit test and have it FAIL!  That is unacceptable in my mind given that Webkit (Chrome/Safari) is standards based.  The "Big guy" on the block IE should be leading the pack not trailing behind it.

For everyday users the writing is on the wall.  You need to get used to using something than the everyday garbage Microsoft spoon feeds you.  Chrome is a fantastic browser that lets you use the web.  When it's all said and done isn't that what you use 90% of your computer time for?  You boot up, you load a browser then go to Facebook, Yahoo, Blogger and countless other web applications in the cloud.  Wouldn't you rather be doing that faster and easier?  Wouldn't you like to surf with 95% of your page instead of 75% because most of it is taken up with spammy toolbars?  I have been using Google Chrome since it was released.  I set it as my default browser back then and it hasn't changed since.  You need to improve your browsing experience now users.

I believe Chrome will evolve the web to what it should be.  The question is will Microsoft be able to keep up with Chrome before it's too late.

Get Google Chrome


No comments:

Post a Comment